Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review: Son

Son by: Lois Lowry
Book 4: Giver Series
Publication Date: October 2, 2012
Paperback ARC
393 Pages


They called her Water Claire. When she washed up on their shore, no one knew that she came from a society where emotions and colors didn’t exist. That she had become a Vessel at age thirteen. That she had carried a Product at age fourteen. That it had been stolen from her body. Claire had a son. But what became of him she never knew. What was his name? Was he even alive?  She was supposed to forget him, but that was impossible. Now Claire will stop at nothing to find her child, even if it means making an unimaginable sacrifice.
Son thrusts readers once again into the chilling world of the Newbery Medal winning book, The Giver, as well as Gathering Blue and Messenger where a new hero emerges. In this thrilling series finale, the startling and long-awaited conclusion to Lois Lowry’s epic tale culminates in a final clash between good and evil.


I was super excited to receive Son by: Lois Lowry. The Giver is one of my all time favorite books and the first dystopian novel I remember reading! Son is the conclusion to The Giver, Gathering Blue, and The Messenger. It is not vital that you read the others before reading Son. There is alot you will understand better and of course you will have many AH HA! moments if you have. 

I thought Son was an interesting and sweet read! I read it in just a few short hours cause I just had to know how it would all end. I was slightly disappointed with the book. It definitely focuses on tying up the loose ends and giving you a heartwarming tale. However there wasn't a defined climax in this book. I felt like it steadily went along and then abruptly it was over! I loved the story and would recommend it to anyone who has read and loved The Giver. 

Challenges
TBR
Dystopian
LMCTW book
A-Z (S)

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Giver- but haven't read the others in the series. I recently found out about two of them and got them, but I didn't know there was a 4th book! Now I will be reading them all. Glad you enjoyed this one. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete